Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Health Services

This section compiles information for parents about health services, required health records, medication guidelines and school nurses.

Union Public Schools strives to promote good health and health practices for students and staff. Health services are overseen by Special Services.

The goal of the Special Services Department at Union Public Schools is to ensure schoolwide well-being and academic success of Union students by promoting health and safety, intervening when students or staff experience health related issues, providing case management services, and facilitating positive student responses to normal growth and development.

Medical / Health Forms

If your child has any of the following conditions (diabetes, seizure disorders, allergies and asthma) or other health conditions of which the nurse should be aware, please contact your school nurse.

Immunization Requirements

For school enrollment, a parent or guardian shall provide one of the following:

1. Current, up-to-date immunization records (see below); or

2) A completed and signed exemption form. Appointments for missing immunizations will not be accepted; all series must be completed at the time of enrollment. Exemption forms are available from the school nurse or the Enrollment Center

*With Cumulative Doses

*Child Care
(Birth To 3 Years)

  • 4 x DTAP
  • 1-4 x PCV
  • 1 x MMR
  • 1 X Varicella
  • 3 X IPV 
  • 2 X Hep A
  • 3 X Hep B


(3-Year-Olds & Pre-Kindergarten)

  • 4 X DTaP
  • 1 X MMR
  • 1 X Varicella
  • 3 X IPV
  • 2 X Hep A
  • 3 X Hep B

*Kindergarten to 6th Grade

  • 5 x DTaP
  • 2 X MMR
  • 1 X Varicella
  • 4 X IPV
  • 2 X Hep A
  • 3 X Hep B

*7th-12th Grade

  • 1 X Tdap
  • 5 x DTaP
  • 2 X MMR
  • 1 X Varicella
  • 4 X IPV
  • 2 X Hep A
  • 3 X Hep B


  • DTaP - diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis
  • MMR - measles, mumps, rubella
  • Tdap - tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis
  • Varicella - chickenpox
  • IPV - polio
  • Hep A - hepatitis A
  • Hep B - hepatitis B

Tdap Immunizations Required For All 7th Graders

Picture of a syringe

Oklahoma School Immunization laws require all in-person and virtual students entering the seventh grade to have received one dose of Tdap vaccine. Tdap is a vaccine used to boost immunity to pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus and diphtheria. A dose of Tdap is recommended for all adolescents beginning at age 11 because protection provided by the Tdap shots they received as babies wears off after 5-10 years.

Tdap vaccine is available in most doctor’s offices, clinics, drug stores such as Walgreens, Walmart and CVS, and county health departments. The nearest county health department is the Tulsa Health Department at 51st St. and 129th. Hours are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday - Friday. Be sure to get a copy of the completed vaccination record to take or mail to your child’s school and to keep for your records. 

Use Of Albuterol Inhalers

In 2019, Oklahoma passed a law that allows your child's school to maintain and administer an albuterol inhaler to treat students who experience sudden life-threatening respiratory distress while at school.

Albuterol is an inhaled medication that quickly opens the tubes that move air into and out of the lungs, making it easier to breathe. This medication is safe and effective. An asthma attack can happen at any time, having quick access to albuterol is important to make schools safe for children with asthma.

Several staff members from your child's school have been trained to quickly and safely respond to respiratory emergencies. While school staff will make every effort to contact parents before giving albuterol, the law allows them to administer albuterol in an emergency without prior parental contact.

If your child has asthma, we urge you to notify your child’s school and provide them with an asthma action plan from your child's doctor. Because the stock albuterol inhaler is not intended to replace a child's personal inhaler, we also encourage you to send a personal albuterol inhaler for use at school if your child has asthma.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your school site health office. Contact  your child's school nurse.

Union Nurses

Union school nurses and health clerks work to provide health interventions, education, and referrals to address actual or potential health problems.

School nurses serve as a link between health care providers, families, staff, and community agencies to support student and family health. Contact your school nurse.

Tulsa City/County Health Department Appointments

Register to get an appointment for immunizations.

Clients interested in an appointment must complete the registration process, which includes providing information such as your name, date of birth, etc. and answering a few questions. 

You must have an email address or a cell phone that receives SMS texts to schedule an appointment.

If you need further assistance, please call THD at 918-582-9355.